Smart homes are no longer a sci-fi fantasy. In fact, they are rapidly gaining popularity for many homeowners across our nation. But how do you create a smart home? For many people, calling in residential electrical contractors is the best way to safely and accurately install this equipment. As electricians near you in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Charlotte areas, Palmetto Electrical Contractors wants you to know about some of the steps we take in order to design these modern households and bring them to life:
- Solar panels – By installing solar panels, electricians help homeowners to take the first steps toward running sustainable homes. You’ll be able to produce your own energy without lifting a finger.
- Electricity monitors – Installing electricity monitors means homeowners will be warned when they start using high amounts of electricity.
- Simple, smart, efficient light bulbs – Electricians can recommend fixtures and bulbs that can be controlled through smartphones for greater efficiency. Smart lighting can be turned off or on, dimmed, or put on a timer with the simple touch of a button.
- Water consumption warnings – Electricians can now install new LED lights for bathroom shower heads to help warn homeowners when they are using large amounts of water.
- Home batteries – Electricians can also install large batteries that store energy to work with a solar grid or solar roof panels. Besides saving you money, these are great additions in the event of an natural disaster or power outage.
Would you like a smart home? Call the residential electricians near you in the Rock Hill and Fort Mill, SC area at Palmetto Electrical Contractors. Let us design a smart home you’ll love.